Friday, November 4, 2011

Lime Chicken Tacos- CROCKPOT MEAL

This meal has turned out to be one of my families favs. They love the flavor of the chicken and they never get tired of it.  I made a few modifications to the original recipe that I found over at chef-n-training, she had you add the frozen corn and salsa later but since I need supper to be ready when I got off work I added everything at once and it seemed to turn out fine :)  This is a must try.



LIME CHICKEN TACOS
(CROCKPOT MEAL)
(found at chef-n-training.blogspot.com)


·         1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
·         3 Tbsp lime juice
·         1 Tbsp chili powder
·         1 cup frozen corn
·         1 cup chunky salsa
·         12  flour tortillas (6 inches), I like to add a little butter to a pan and slightly toast them on each side.. Yummy
·         sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
Place the chicken in a slow cooker.  Combine all ingredients above except flour tortillas ( of course :) ); pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done and tender.

No need to remove chicken, take two forks and shred the chicken right in the crockpot.  Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired.


- Enjoy
-Kristina 


No comments: