Friday, November 4, 2011

Were having WAFFLESSSS..

At our house we LOVE the movie Shrek. Our favorite Character is the donkey he cracks us up. We love the scene where he says to Shrek " And in the morning I'm making Waffles". The way he says it, is so funny.
So tonight were making Wafflesss :) ... I love having breakfast for dinner every once in a while it's a nice change. I just recently bought a waffle maker and I've been making waffles like crazy.. Did you know you can make a bunch, put them in freezer bags and freeze them?? I just discovered that and it’s so much cheaper than buying the frozen ones at the store. So on mornings where we are running a little late my kids grab them out of the freezer pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds and there done and everyone’s Happy J

This is by far my favorite recipe for Homemade Buttermilk Waffles.

Homemade Buttermilk Waffles
(found at bakinglikebetty.blogspot.com)

2 C flour
1 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
Whisk these dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

3 1/2 C buttermilk
1/4 C oil
2 egg yolks
Mix these wet ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl.

2 egg whites
Using an electric hand mixer, beat these till foamy like whip cream. Don't over do it or you will stiffen them and it won't work. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, then fold in the egg whites. Use as pancake or waffle mix.

I am Blessed to have such a wondeful and loving family. I love you guys!!

Along For the Ride

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I've found when I use a mix that's for both pancakes AND waffles, the waffles aren't as crisp as I'd like them. How do these hold up? Are they flimsy or crisp?

Thanks for linking up at A Little Nosh this week!

Kristina said...

Hi Amy,
Thank you for stopping buy. I love your blog.

I love this recipe my waffles turned out perfect not to flimsy and not to crisp. I hope you find this recipe to work for you as well.

Have a great day!